Wednesday 25 January 2012

Twirl like no one is watching you

The word of the week is twirl according to Tia Mushka on Illustrationfriday.com which was created by Illustrator Penelope Dullaghan with the help of Brianna Privett who is the genius with the technical side.

(Illustration Friday assumes no responsibility for the imagery it is linked too). 


Before I show you my art incorporation of the word twirl and the theme dance I am going to show you a another famous Graphic Designer who once also illustrated for Cosmopolitan, which was once a family magazine. 
This was done by Bradshaw Grandell in November 1941 before it changed to a female magazine 
in 1960. I am inspired by her beautiful hair. 


Here is my thumbnail of what I would like to draw and think is also beautiful.








This painting is being done by hand with acrylic paints. I drew out my sketch first, then painted over with pinks and purples, using black and yellows as accent colours. This lovely girl dancer is symbolism of a young girl in tune with the world around her dancing and twisting with the flow of music.




I did not have a chance to enter into the contest, but here is the winner of the week for Illustrationfriday.com:
I, Keira would like to comment on this piece. Personally, ] think I did a better job at incorporating twirl into my artwork than this piece, but still a lovely piece done by Sayantan Halder. It is very pretty and a nice colour scheme, it is original in thought, but not a strong compelling piece identified with the word "twirl".


Anyways.... back to Cosmopolitan... 


Here is Cosmo, taking pictures of my brain because this is the exact colour scheme I was thinking about and then I needed to research typography, and I discovered this in Jan2012. 
Cosmo initially wrote about, decorating, family, cooking and a small dedication to women's fashion. Later on.... 50 years later in 1960 we see Cosmo transform to a female magazine also incorporating with society's mixed feminism stream, which is not perfect, nothing is, get over it. 
FYI Britney Spears is just a prop and cannot even come up with her own lyrics or choreography. Her womanizer video is just a bunch of flashy things in the background with her standing and posing and moving her arms around a bit. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWHKMwZQ89I


Here is a sexy girl with a tattoo, dancing with the wind.



Now if you could please take the time to watch a real choreographer and national European #1 winner Nika Kljun. She took Briney Spears song and made up her own dance routine.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNV3XBK2yGI&feature=related

1 comment:

  1. Cool! Your sketch looks very promising - and you chose a great artists as inspiration. Can't wait to see where you take this next :^)

    ReplyDelete