Tuesday 17 January 2012

Let Your Feet Hit the Ground; Dance

The word of the week according to Illustration Friday.com, an art forum to discuss creative issues; is grounded. I would like to incorporate the theme dance into the word grounded. I am inspired by the famous artist during the Impressionist period, Edgar  Degas. During his art career he has created profound pieces illustrating ballerinas.

Here is a famous piece by Edgar Degas called L'etoile (La danseuse sur la scene) (The Star (Dancer on Stage)); 1878, Pastel on Paper; Musee d'Orsay, Paris

Here is a piece done by me, Keira Stirling, a ballerina outside. For this drawing I used pastels.

2 comments:

  1. That's lovely, Keira. Just remember that each week you need to finish the piece with some typography that communicates some sort of graphic design... a website, a magazine cover or article, a CD, a t-shirt design - whatever you like :^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This would be my warmup, getting back into drawing after the Christmas holidays and taking a short break for myself with family.

    ReplyDelete