Thursday 23 February 2012

Fluid Dance Moves


According to Illustrationfriday.com, 

Lori Mulligan 

suggested that this week's topic be "Fluid".

“The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice. ” ~ Mark Twain

I will be designing a cd cover for the Famous Shakira. She will be dancing in the water.

Here is a few images of Shakira I could use to start my design template:

I like these images because I love incorporating nature. It's important to remember the environment around us.


After viewing through Leif Peng's flicker set http://www.flickr.com/photos/leifpeng/sets I cam across an Al Parker image I liked. I like the cheerful border he illustrated.


I started working on my cd cover for Shakira and I decided to use adobe photoshop CS5 on my macbook pro. I am using a picture of Shakira but didn't like the water shot she was in because it wasn't as pure looking. So I grabbed another photo of nicer water and put that in her background and added text. There is more to do but here is an update.




I then added a colourful wavy border like Al Parker to add excitement and colour to the cd cover. I placed her name Shakira down the side for aesthetic appeal so you can read her name while viewing her image. I placed a tropical trendy, pink flower behind Shakira's name to add flare, like Al parker did in his above ad. I thought the different water view would be more appealing as it looks fresh. It looks like a good day at the beach, may you listen to her tunes and envision yourself on the sea side at the beach with the sun beaming on you.




No comments:

Post a Comment